Connect with us

NEWS

🚨 JUST IN: Former VP Mike Pence calls SCOTUS ruling on Trump’s tariffs a “Victory for the American People!” 👀 You won’t believe what this means for your wallet and businesses… 🔥 Click to see how this historic decision changes everything NOW! 👇 Don’t miss out — the implications are HUGE!

Published

on

🚨 Supreme Court Strikes Down Trump’s Tariffs — Mike Pence Calls It a “Victory for the American People”

In a major constitutional ruling on February 20, 2026, the U.S. Supreme Court invalidated most of the sweeping tariffs imposed by former President Donald Trump, saying the president exceeded his legal authority by using an emergency powers law to levy wide‑ranging trade taxes. The 6‑3 decision affirmed that only Congress — not the president — has the power to enact taxes and tariffs under the U.S. Constitution. �

 

 

 

 

 

👉 After the ruling, former Vice President Mike Pence took to social media to praise the decision, calling it “a Victory for the American People and a win for the separation of powers enshrined in the Constitution.” Pence wrote that the court reaffirmed that Congress — not the president — has the constitutional right to impose tariffs, and said the decision offers relief to American families and businesses who had been affected by Trump’s tariff policy. �

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pence also highlighted that tariffs are ultimately paid by Americans, arguing that consumers and companies were bearing the cost of the taxes on imported goods. He said the ruling opens the door for a return to free trade under constitutional authority and praised the work of his conservative advocacy group in supporting the case.

 

 

 

 

 

What the Supreme Court Decided

The Supreme Court’s majority opinion held that Trump’s use of the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA) to impose global tariffs was unconstitutional. The justices emphasized that the Constitution clearly vests the power to tax — including tariffs — in Congress, not the executive branch. The ruling invalidated tariffs that had been applied to imports from countries including Canada, Mexico, and China.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chief Justice John Roberts, writing for the majority, noted that the emergency powers law simply did not authorize the broad use of tariffs during peacetime and that allowing such authority would undermine the constitutional design of checks and balances. ďż˝

 

 

 

 

 

 

Reactions Across the Political Spectrum

The ruling sparked sharply divided reactions:

Republicans like Pence, Senator Mitch McConnell, and others applauded the decision, saying it reaffirmed constitutional limits on presidential powers and protected the roles of Congress and free trade. ďż˝

 

 

 

 

 

 

Democrats also welcomed the ruling, with leaders like Senator Chuck Schumer calling it a “victory for the wallets of every American consumer,” arguing that tariffs acted as a hidden tax on families and small businesses. �

 

 

 

 

 

President Trump responded angrily, criticizing the justices — including some he had appointed — and vowing to pursue alternative legal pathways to reintroduce tariffs under different laws. �

 

 

 

 

 

Economic and Legal Implications

The decision not only raises questions about the future of trade policy in the United States but also about potential refunds for companies that paid tariffs now deemed unlawful. Financial markets reacted with relative calm, with major U.S. stock indexes showing modest gains as investors digested the news. ďż˝

 

 

 

 

 

Legal experts say the ruling could shape debates over executive power and trade policy for years to come, reinforcing that significant economic measures like tariffs require clear congressional authority. ďż˝

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NEWS10 minutes ago

BREAKING: Banks Cut Ties With Trump as Financial Pressure Closes In on His Empire – phanh

NEWS2 hours ago

🚨 JUST IN: Former VP Mike Pence calls SCOTUS ruling on Trump’s tariffs a “Victory for the American People!” 👀 You won’t believe what this means for your wallet and businesses… 🔥 Click to see how this historic decision changes everything NOW! 👇 Don’t miss out — the implications are HUGE!

NEWS2 hours ago

JUST IN: Stephen Colbert Launches $750 Million Federal Lawsuit Against FCC and Donald Trump in Punitive and Compensatory Damages , Accusing Trump of Orchestrating Brazen Censorship and a Direct Assault on Press Freedom and Free Speech by Forcing CBS to Pull Interview with Texas Senate Hopeful James Talarico .

NEWS3 hours ago

Senator Marsha Blackburn’s statement emphasizes her belief that former President Donald Trump has taken significant steps to repair what she views as the damage caused by Joe Biden and Barack Obama during their presidencies.

NEWS3 hours ago

UPDATE: U.S. Senators Formally Invoke 25th Amendment, Call for President Donald Trump’s Removal from Office

NEWS5 hours ago

JUST IN; Disabled American Veterans (DAV) File Federal Lawsuit Against Donald Trump After Proposal to Slash SSI and Veterans Benefits to Reallocate Funds to United States Department of Homeland Security Amid Shutdown

NEWS6 hours ago

BREAKING: Thomas Massie announced he’ll fight Trump’s Glysophate executive order by introducing the “No Immunity for Glyphosate Act.” Under this act, manufacturers will be stripped of the immunity from liability that Trump just gave them. Do you agree with Thomas Massie?

NEWS7 hours ago

🚨 UNBELIEVABLE: Senators Move to Remove Trump Using the 25th Amendment! This is not a drill. Multiple U.S. Senators have officially called for President Trump’s removal from office under the 25th Amendment — a move that could shake Washington to its core. What triggered this dramatic step? Who’s backing it? And what happens next? 👇 Tap the link to see the full breakdown before it’s taken down.

NEWS8 hours ago

House Setback Reveals Growing GOP Divisions Over Tariffs and Investigations ⚡ mn

NEWS1 day ago

JUST IN: U.S. Senators Formally Invoke 25th Amendment, Call for President Donald Trump’s Removal from Office

NEWS1 day ago

🚨 HUGE UPDATE: The DOJ just DELETED key testimony from a victim who accused Trump of rape — testimony that the FBI found so credible it was used in an Epstein-Maxwell case briefing. She was interviewed FOUR times, as recently as 2019. But now, Trump’s DOJ has wiped these interviews from the record. ⚡ The media must hold him accountable before it’s too late. 👉 Click here to see the full report and the shocking details.

NFL1 day ago

BREAKING: The Supreme Court Blocks President Donald Trump’s Proposal to Slash SSI and Veterans Benefits to Redirect Billions to DHS as Homeland Security Shutdown Deepens

Copyright © 2025 Newsnowuk